Sunday 17 July 2011

Beautiful things



This time next week, I will be on my way home so here are a few of the things I don't want to forget once I am back in the grey: the women wearing chitenge - colourful fabric wrapped round their waists - tall and graceful, balancing large bowls of vegetables on their heads and a baby on their backs; all kinds of butterflies - orange, yellow, white, brown and swallowtails checkered in black and white, yellow and white; long trumpets of orange honeysuckle, sweet smelling white jacaranda and purple and red bougainvillea; the sunset over the Zambezi, the orange sun gradually dissolving into the grey-blue haze as it slips below the horizon; children's faces; the blue blue sky . . .

1 comment:

  1. Lovely descriptions. The time seems (to me) to have flown but possibly it won't have to you. Looking forward to hearing about it in more detail and seeing more photos. I might possibly bore you with one or two... hundred... of our baby Nicholas!

    Keep going! Back to Starbucksland soon.

    ReplyDelete